FULL Programme Confirmed for Liverpool’s First Binary Festival
From high street fashion to high-energy physics: today we announce our final, comprehensive Binary Festival programme of keynote speakers and satellite events.
On Tuesday and Wednesday 24-25 May 2016, the inaugural Binary Festival will showcase some of Liverpool's best and brightest technological and creative capabilities, as well as welcoming internationally renowned speakers to tell their own stories about their experiences at the ‘digital revolution’ frontline.
We believe the finalised Binary Keynotes and Binary Gatherings underline the city’s diverse strengths, with a programme spanning well-established local creative talent – through eHealth clusters and virtual reality technology to crowdfunding markets and maker movements – via new perspectives on commercial and social enterprise.
We’re delighted to have the support from our pioneering sponsors, including Baltic Creative, North Point Global, Tech North, UKTI and Invest Liverpool; in addition to backing from Liverpool’s creative and digital communities, who have wholeheartedly embraced the festival’s ambitions and helped create a unique platform that can be developed and expanded in the coming years.
Binary Gatherings will take place on Tuesday 24 May from 10am-4pm, in the Baltic Triangle and venues across Liverpool; all of which are available to Binary Delegate ticket holders (individual booking required at checkout):
- 3D Audio for the Digital & Creative Industries hosted by Kinicho & FACT
- A Glimpse into the World of Experience Design hosted by Mando Agency
- How VR is Changing the Way we Digest Performance hosted by Draw & Code (sold out)
- Meet the Makers at FABLAB Liverpool hosted by FabLab at LJMU Art & Design Academy
- ‘The Do’s & Don’ts of Crowdfunding’ with JUXDIT, Indiegogo & Seedrs
- Building A YouTube Following for Businesses & Individuals hosted by Curly Productions
- Where Tech Meets Health & Wellbeing hosted by eHealth Cluster
- Internet of Things vs Virtual Reality hosted by Uniform
- ‘Get You Head Around Code’ hosted by Liverpool Girl Geeks (sold out)
- The Power Of LinkedIn hosted by Elephant Digital
- Guided Tours of the Studio School
- An introduction to Virtual Reality by Starship (sold out)
Binary Keynotes will take to one stage on Wednesday 25 May from 9am-5pm, at FACT Auditorium:
- Steve Bartlett, CEO Social Chain, influence marketer
- Andy Wolfe, Chief Information Officer, Shop Direct, one of the UK’s leading online retailers
- Professor Tara Shears, Liverpool University and CERN, particle physicist
- Pam Warhurst CBE, founder Incredible Edible urban gardening
- Russell Ashworth, Associate Clinical Nurse Specialist Paediatric Resuscitation, Consultant for Clinical Innovation, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
- Indiegogo’s crowdfunding evangelist Kelly Angood
- Stuart Miles, Founder of Pocket Lint, the UK’s largest independent gadget and technology news site
- Adrian Hon, Creator of hit app “Zombies Run”
- Performance artist & Cambridge University computer scientist Dr Sam Aaron
- Lemn Sissay MBE, Southbank Centre associate artist, poet and playwright
We can’t wait to see you there!
Haven’t bought your ticket yet? Hurry, hurry: Early Bird tickets, priced £45, are available until noon, Wednesday 18 May 2016 HERE.
Can’t make it to the full Binary Festival? There are some fantastic networking and social events happening across the city, including:
Digital Catapult & Creative Kitchen presents: Building an Engaged Community (free), on Tuesday 24 May from 12-1:30pm, at Constellations, Baltic Triangle, Liverpool
Creative Kitchen and Digital Catapult will be leading a skills and knowledge sharing session aimed at Liverpool startups and small businesses. This informal, roundtable-style discussion will be led by members of the Catapult’s digital and communities team with Creative Kitchen founder, and MD at digital development agency Studio Mashbo, Gavin Sherratt. A Binary Festival ticket is not needed for this event, simply register on Eventbrite.
Binary Festival Opening Party @ Constellations with Kin™ (free), on Tuesday 24 May from 5-8pm Constellations, Baltic Triangle, Liverpool
Gathering all festival attendees and Liverpool’s creative and digital community together for the official Binary Festival opening party in partnership with Kin™, Liverpool’s creative and digital network. A Binary Festival ticket is not needed for this event, simply register on Eventbrite. (If you have already registered as a Binary Festival delegate, you already have a place at this event and don't need to register again)
Creative Kitchen and Binary Breakfast(free), on Wednesday 25 May, from 8-10am at FACT, Leaf Garden Café, 88 Wood Street, Liverpool
Whether you are attending the festival or not, the Creative Kitchen welcomes you to kick-off your day with breakfast at FACT’s Leaf Garden Café. Like the Developer Breakfast, the Binary Breakfast is about building relationships with minded-people to learn and collaborate. A Binary Festival ticket is not needed for this event, simply register on Eventbrite. (If you have already registered as a Binary Festival delegate, you already have a place at this event and don't need to register again)
Binary Festival 2016 Blog: a special media partnership between The Double Negative arts magazine, Creative Tourist culture and travel site and Binary Blog. See the Festival on 24 and 25 May 2016 in Liverpool, UK
Every innovation needs a home - why Bruntwood is one of our principal sponsors
Bruntwood are supporting the Liverpool Binary Festival for the first time this year, we spoke to Colin Forshaw, Bruntwood Regional…
Binary Festival’s welcomes the returning sponsorship of Baltic Creative CIC.
Baltic Creative CIC has been nurturing the creative and digital sector in the Baltic Triangle in Liverpool since 2009 and was one of the…
Binary Festival 16: LIVE
17:15 That's it! Binary Festival 2016 is over. We've had a fabulous two days: thanks to all the Binary team, sponsors, speakers, supporters…