Competition! Calling All Budding Musical Coders
Interested in music and/or computer science? Win a one-off workshop with live coder Dr Sam Aaron, plus tickets to Binary Festival, plus tickets Sound City festival and Sound City+ conference, PLUS headphones from musical fidelity!
Each winner will be invited to spend an afternoon (24 May 2016) at Liverpool John Moores University with Sam and his breakthrough musical system Sonic Pi. Together, you will experiment with the concept of live coding (programming in real time in front of a live audience) and the novel ways we use code to make and perform electronic music.
But that’s not all!
The winners will also receive tickets to Liverpool’s first Binary Festival, which will take place in Liverpool over 24 and 25 May 2016; a ticket to Sound City+ conference on Friday 27 May and Sound City festival over 28 and 29 May; PLUS a set of headphones worth over £100, provided by the kind people at Musical Fidelity.
To be in with a chance of winning, please take a couple of minutes to fill out this simple application form HERE by 20 May 2016.
Terms & Conditions (the important bit):
• Winners will be announced on 20 May 2016.
• The judges’ (Binary Festival) decision is final.
• Applicants must be 18+.
• Winners must be able to attend the Sam Aaron workshop on Tuesday 24 May 2016 in Liverpool between 1pm & 4pm.
• Prize includes: 1 x place on the Sam Aaron workshop; 1 x ticket to Binary Festival (25 May); 1 x ticket to SoundCity+ (27 May) and festival (28 & 29 May); 1 x set of Musical Fidelity headphones.
• These prizes cannot be exchanged.
• Winners will need to provide own transport, accommodation and sustenance.
• All entries must be submitted through our online entry form accessed here. If you are unable to submit via the form please contact [email protected]
Binary Festival 2016 Blog: a special media partnership between The Double Negative arts magazine, Creative Tourist culture and travel site and Binary Blog. See the Festival on 24 and 25 May 2016 in Liverpool, UK
States of Play : Roleplay Reality
The Binary Festival closing keynote is hosted by FACT in Liverpool, who are launching their first major exhibition of 2018. States of Play…
Environment is crucial to creativity. Why we've sought a new home for Binary Festival
Environment is crucial to creativity. It doesn’t matter what industry you’re working in, you will have learnt that at the moment when you mak…
Every innovation needs a home - why Bruntwood is one of our principal sponsors
Bruntwood are supporting the Liverpool Binary Festival for the first time this year, we spoke to Colin Forshaw, Bruntwood Regional…